Logo

How can I get rid of muscle?

I know most will say you don't need to get rid of muscle but I do and I don't know how to. I do a lot of walking every week, I usually do 6-10 miles at a time and I also do miles of cycling. I live in a very hilly area and I think doing so much walking and biking has made my thigh muscles get bigger, which wouldn't be a problem but the rest of me is tiny. My waist is 25-26" and I feel I need to get my thighs down to something more inline with that. It's not fat as there's nothing there to pinch so it must be muscle. I've stopped cycling but I don't know what else to do, fitness websites only tell you how to gain muscle not lose it.

I lost the muscle on my legs by going down with a nasty virus in my lung which stopped me exercising and eating properly for several months but I wouldn't recommend it.

This any help?

https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...k-in-a-female/

Or you could build up the rest of your muscles a bit, until they're in proportion with your thighs?

Thank you . I don't want to build up any more muscle anywhere, my legs and arms are all muscle anyway but their still tiny, I just want to get rid of some of it off my thighs. That article has some good advice, not sure about cutting down so many calories though, I only eat about 800-900 a day as it is, I think it'd be dangerous to drop even half as many as that suggests. I don't eat any meat, don't eat a lot of chocolate or crisps, I drink nothing but tea or water and the only 'snacks' I have is a biscuit with a 3pm cuppa and one or two for supper, I really don't eat a lot of anything so I don't know why I've gained this muscle. All I do know is that I want to get rid of it .

Have you considered getting an office job where you sit down for most of the day?