Logo
    Erm... just wondering if anyone could answer for me this question regarding the financing of foundation degrees.

Question about financing a second undergrad degree after a foundation degree

Basically, I transferred from an English degree to an FdA Graphic Design one at the beginning of this academic year (2005/06). But while I've had second thoughts about whether I was right to change the course, I've decided that I might choose to complete this degree before starting again on the English degree. But my question is, since I wouldn't be continuing on a year after the Graphic Design FdA to upgrade it to a full honours degree, as I assume most students on foundation degrees tend to go on to do, would I be able to claim the full financial support (as in, all the same loans and grants as I would've claimed on the two years of the FdA) for the first year of the English degree? The interesting thing is, my mother is actually about to start an Open University degree, but says that she'll be able to receive the full financial support for a year or so longer than it should take her to complete her course (eight years, if I remember correctly, when she should be able to complete the degree in five or six), so I was just wondering if I might be entitled to financial support for the second year of my English degree as well?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump

can some mods come and help this guy, he'll end up with more bumps then he knows what to do with