Logo

Thread: 2nd degrees?

2nd degrees?

Hi
    If I do a second degree after the BA im currently doing, will I not be able to get any assisstance at all towards top-up fees? Are there any scholarships? Does anyone know what support is available? Will I get a student loan even though I haven't paid off this one?

Hope someone can help!
    mel

Hi
    If I do a second degree after the BA im currently doing, will I not be able to get any assisstance at all towards top-up fees? Are there any scholarships? Does anyone know what support is available? Will I get a student loan even though I haven't paid off this one?

Hope someone can help!
    mel

I think if you did a second BA/BSc degree you'd have to pay for it yourself. And quite rightly so!

I think if you did a second BA/BSc degree you'd have to pay for it yourself. And quite rightly so!

Whether it is right or not, I think it depends...Surely first time undergraduates should be given preference, but most people who have a 'quite rightly so' attitude think students who want to go for a second BA are doing just for the fun of it, which is an inaccurate stereotype: most people do it because they want a change in career or because they want to apply for a graduate course that can't be accessed with their current degree, for example.