Logo

Retirement - military wife survivor?

I'm on SS - but my 20 year marriage to a deceased military man should bring in some sort of benefit - according to other wives in my position. I'm the surviving wife #1 with 2 others - who didn't get this far (I'm 86).
    Whenever I've tried to find out any info about my possible status, I bump into a dead-end.
    One thing - our marriage occurred prior to congress inacting this legislation - for survivor wife benefits.
    Does anyone have any information as to where I can get some pertinent advice?
    Bejay

Where are you applying and at what place do you reach the dead end (and what in fact constitutes the 'dead end' in terms of answers)?

Would like information concerning pension benefits (if any) for military ex-spouses - with marriage of 10 years duration or more.
    The military had their own pension plan - which was not tied to social security.
    I'm looking for a website or address to contact for more information regarding possible benefits to ex-wives.
    Any Internet addresses?
    As of now, I'm not applying anywhere.
    The term "dead end" is in reference to not finding viable information to my queries.
    Bejay

Your first port of call is the VA, and I mean call--via telephone.