Logo

Twitter Stock Twitter Stock

So, Twitter recently announced that it will up its status character limit from 140 to 280... The stock for the social media site has been declining pretty steadily (once $69 per share and now at $16.86) but this could have a positive impact and, ultimately, increase the stock price.

What do you guys think? Is this one final grasp at straws before Twitter goes out? Or will the change keep the site on the uptick?

I don't think it will matter one way or the other.
    People can be more long winded now, but I don't think it will move the share price. The same people will be more long winded. Not new people, but the same people. And, that is the problem. No growth.

They are having trouble acquiring new users. I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook or even Amazon or Google buys them out in the not too distant future.

That's been my assessment as well... It would be really interesting to see what those companies could do with the data gathered through Twitter as well as see what they could do for the company overall.

As a collective we twitter shareholders are pathological. We typically swing the price 3 to 5% a day. Me think these signs of a multibagger.

As a collective we twitter shareholders are pathological. We typically swing the price 3 to 5% a day. Me think these signs of a multibagger.