Logo

Eating the crumbs from the rich man's table

Divided We Stand: Why Inequality Keeps Rising

There is a new report from the OECD, not known as a haven for "pinko Communist, pointy-headed intellectuals". It suggests what everyone always knew - although some pretended otherwise: trickle down economics does not work. In a society with extremes of income and wealth, misery and squalor follow as night follows day.

Jeremy Bosk

One interesting bit from your link:

"The higher-paid worked more hours. As in most other OECD countries, the UK recorded a trend towards an
    increasing divide in hours worked between higher- and lower-wage earners. Since the mid-1980s, annual
    hours of low-wage workers remained stable at around 1050, while those of higher-wage workers augmented
    from 2240 to 2450 hour"

So the rich don't only get paid far more per hour they work they work twice as many hours on average; hoe dare they work so hard!

It certainly seems that working hard is the major solution to most economic problems.

I'm sure you'll say that there are insufficient jobs available and that, of course, poses a problem.

Who was it who said: "It's funny how the harder I work, the luckier I get."?

As it says in the Good Book, to those that have it shall be given.

As it says in the Good Book, to those that have it shall be given.