Logo
    My wife and I are interested in a retirement community simular to the Villages in Florida. The main reason we don't check out the Villages themselves is because of the severe weather that they are prone to. We (mainly the wife) love the idea of the many clubs and activities there. Is there any other communities that are simular? Oh yes, I would also like to have at least a one hundred yard shooting range in the area.

Retirement Community Like the Villages in FL

Hope someone posts something it is confusing trying to google this subject so many are assisted living places,.
    What area are you looking to go to?

Minnie, it sounds like the OP is NOT looking for assisted living, but an age-restricted retirement community.

The OP could always Google over age 55 communities in whatever state or area he's interested in. I did and got over 145000 hits for my state alone. The internet can be a handy tool for any initial fact finding investigation.

We live in Kings Gate Club, an over 55 community, which is located in Nokomis, FL., on the outskirts of Venice, FL. a beautiful little town. About twio miles down the road is Knights Trail Shooting Range. I'm not positive about the exact name, but that's pretty close. Everybody loves Kings Gate Club - many, many activities. Some of the homes have Gulf access, there is a boat launch, RV storage, beautiful pool and clubhouse. Check it out at KGC.cc